TEDxYouth@EHSHoustonPostOakSchool

TEDxYouth@EHSHoustonPostOakSchool

Friday, February 20, 2015

Behind the scene supporters


Iris Ayala

The Post Oak School
Backstage Support
Hello! My name is Iris Ayala; I am attending as a freshman at the Post Oak High School. Also, I was born in Houston, Texas. I have lived in Houston my whole life. I am 14 years old, and I am very interested in writing. Writing is something I can enjoy due to the reason that I can express myself when writing. Because writing allows me to take my imagination and put it in words for the world to see, I love writing! In the TEDxYouth presentations, I hope to work backstage and help around with anything I can! I am happy to help TEDxYouth this year!


Drew Colgin

Episcopal High School
Videographer






Gilbert Giles-Sosa

Episcopal High School
Event Emcee


Devin Gohel

Episcopal High School
Videographer






Joseph Hachen

The Post Oak School
Backstage Support
My name is Joseph Hachen. I am sixteen years old and in tenth grade. I go to school at the Post Oak High School in the Montrose area. My areas of interest are anywhere from English and creative writing to film and acting. I also enjoy public speaking and photography. I heard about this TEDx event through my school. Although I am not actually speaking at this event, I look forward to volunteering in the event backstage and supporting my peers in her performance at TEDx.



Leighla Henderson

The Post Oak School
Photographer






Nicki McNear

Episcopal High School
Photographer






Amaris Salgado

The Post Oak School
Reporter
Amaris Salgado is a 12 year old seventh grader at The Post Oak School. She loves to read, write, sing, hang out with her friends and be social. That is the reason she is a reporter for this TEDx event.

She is currently writing a novel for her school. Other interests include: singing and performing-basically anything under the spotlight with a microphone in her hand.

She plays for her school sports program, the Bearkats. She likes to play soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis and swim.




Ariya Selvakumar

The Post Oak School
Reporter
I am a 7th grade girl at The Post Oak School and am going to be a reporter for the TEDxYOUTH program. I enjoy writing and think it will be good for me to listen to people my age talk and interview them for a reference when I present next year. I did originally want to be a performer, but I was a little late on responding. So I chose to be a reporter this year.


I am in many after school programs and activities, like MMUN. MMUN stands for Montessori Model United Nations and helps me a lot by not only learning about the rest of the world, but with writing and public speaking. I think it will help me with my confidence when I present next year. In my free time I enjoy drawing, singing, swimming, playing the piano, and working on the novel I am writing.

I have heard that there are going to be lots of great performers and I can’t wait to talk to them and see how they liked performing for TEDxYOUTH.



Sam Totz

Episcopal High School
Videographer

No comments:

Post a Comment