TEDxYouth@EHSHoustonPostOakSchool

TEDxYouth@EHSHoustonPostOakSchool

Friday, February 20, 2015

Presenters from Chinquapin Prep

 Ahmad Hill | From Fables to Film

Chinquapin Prep
My name is Ahmad Hill and I am a 16-year-old student who attends Chinquapin Preparatory School. I have three loving parents: My mom, dad, and stepmom. Both my mom and dad work in education. My stepmom works in medicine. I would like to study film and media  in college. I love being around people, experiencing new things, and really getting out of my comfort zone to learn about myself. I am outgoing and “boisterous,” as described by my teachers. My hobbies include playing sports, playing video games, and writing.


My TEDx experience was one that I will never forget. I remember the day before my actual speech, I was very nervous. Then after the rehearsal I was feeling very comfortable and relaxed because I actually got to see where I would be presenting. The day of the speech I was still a little nervous, but nothing abnormal. Everyone was very courteous and helpful to me when I asked questions or voiced any concerns. Although it was early, I quickly woke up after listening to some of the presentations of the kids. Overall, my time there was great and I would do it again.


Alejandro Izaguirre | When Was the Last Time You Ate?

Chinquapin Prep
My name is Alejandro Izaguirre and I am a Junior at Chinquapin Preparatory School. I am 16 years old and I was born in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. I came to the United States with my parents and my older brother in 2003 and we’ve been living in Houston ever since. Over the past decade in the United States, I’ve grown so much and learned new things about myself. I learned that I am very passionate about stewardship and that I am a leader. I enjoy running and being in the outdoors. One of my favorite things to do is talk. Now when I say talk, I don’t mean in class. I mean having a conversation with someone about topics that are important to me such as the political issues we face in our society or simply about what I am passionate about. I tend to be a very outgoing person and I am always eager to participate. I aspire to major in International Relations and be an advocate for immigrants in the United States,  helping them in the fight for their citizenship as I am currently in that fight.





Lesley Robledo | Volunteering


Chinquapin Prep
My name is Lesley Robledo. I am a junior at the Chinquapin Preparatory School. I was born in Houston, Texas, and raised by both of my parents, and have two younger sisters. I have always been passionate about volunteering, and enjoy learning about new ways to help others. I enjoy reading, and am currently taking piano lessons. Through my junior project I hope to inspire young students to volunteer.




No comments:

Post a Comment